Hike the trails of Montserrat, the world-famous multi-peaked “sawed mountain,” and visit the Benedictine Monastery while you learn about its amazing history with an expert local guide on this Small group half-day trip…
- Adult Ages 14+ years old
- €75 €45
- Child Ages 10-13 years old
- €65 €35
Hike in El Penedès wine country and visit wineries near Barcelona!
- Small Group Tour (max. 8 people) ensures a personalized experience
- Lead by passionate multilingual local guide (English/Spanish/Catalan)
- Hike in El Penedès wine country between vineyards and rural landscapes
- Visit a familly owned winnery
- Do a wine tasting of a selection of reds, whites and sparkling (3 wines)
Visit Catalonia’s leading wine and cava producing area with Catalan Trails!
After 45 minutes of driving in an AC minivan, we will reach El Penedès wine country. El Penedès is one of the oldest wine-making regions in Europe, world-famous for producing wines of exceptional quality, and especially for being the place where cava (sparkling wine) is produced.
We will get ready and start this Penedes tour hiking between the vineyards of this beautiful Mediterranean countryside. Our path will go around a landscape dotted with farmhouses and wineries set among vines, where wine-growing is carried out at over 300 wineries. As we hike, we will learn about the grape varieties of the area, traditions, and history of the region.
While hiking, we will take a break to savor some typical Catalan snacks while we have beautiful views of the iconic mountain of Montserrat.
After the hike, we will get to a family-owned organic winery where we will enjoy a guided visit to the cellar and learn about their history and the elaboration process. We will also taste three wines from their range of white, red and sparkling wines. We will have it with some Catalan snacks (fuet, cheese, and breadsticks).
Book your El Penedès wine country hike and Catalonia wineries small group tour today!
- Transportation in air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Guided visit to a wine cellar
- Wine tasting (3 wines from a range of white, red and sparkling)
- Typical Catalan snacks (bring your own sandwich for lunch)
- Bottle of water
- Personal insurance
- Guide gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Hiking/sport shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Waterproof jacket
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Sandwich / snacks