Hike around Collsacabra cliffs, one of the most breathtaking landscapes of Catalonia and visit the medieval town of Rupit on this unique full-day excursion from Barcelona.
- Adult Ages 14+ years old
- €65 €45
- Child Ages 10-13 years old
- €55 €35
Embark on a small group Montserrat hiking tour with a local guide and discover the secret spots of this magical place!
- Small Group Tour (max. 8 people) ensures a personalized experience
- Lead by passionate multilingual local guide (English/Spanish/Catalan)
- Visit the Benedictine Abbey and learn about its amazing history with an expert guide
- Hike Montserrat, the multi-peaked famous sawed mountain Off the Beaten Path
- Enjoy breathtaking 360º views from Montserrat
- Savour some typical Catalan snacks
- Hear the boys choir sing the famous Escolania de Montserrat (from Monday to Friday, except public and school holidays)
Come and hike around the trails of Montserrat, the world-famous multi-peaked sawed mountain, visit the Benedictine Abbey and hear the boys’ choir sing the famous Escolania de Montserrat on this unique half-day small group tour to Montserrat from Barcelona.
After 45 minutes drive in a comfortable AC Minivan, you will arrive at Montserrat. You will start the day visiting the Benedictine abbey of Santa Maria de Montserrat where you will discover its amazing history. “Montserrat” literally means “sawed mountain” in Catalan because of its multi-peaked rocky range. It is well known as the site of the Benedictine abbey, Santa Maria de Montserrat which hosts the famous Black Madonna “La Moreneta”, patron saintness of the Catalans.
Once we have visited the Montserrat Monastery we will get ready and start hiking following a beautiful path around the needle-looking rock formations of the mountain passing by many natural viewpoints offering awesome views over the monastery and the forests around.
We will continue through secret trails to the highest point of the hike, from where you will have breathtaking views of 360 degrees over the multi-peaked rocky range and on clear days we would be able to see the Pyrenees mountains and Barcelona!
After admiring those great landscapes, taking some pictures, and savoring some typical Catalan snacks (please bring your own sandwich for lunch), we will start descending through a shady path between forests of the mountain that will bring us back to the Abbey where we will some free time for visiting the farmers market, relaxing or hear the famous Escolania de Montserrat boys choir sing (on working days from Monday to Friday, subject to Basilica capacity).
Book your small group Montserrat Hiking tour online today!
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Guided hike
- Bottled water
- Typical Catalan snacks
- Personal insurance
- Guide gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Hiking/sport shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Waterproof jacket
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Sandwich / snacks