Hike around Collsacabra cliffs, one of the most breathtaking landscapes of Catalonia and visit the medieval town of Rupit on this unique full-day excursion from Barcelona.
- Adult Ages 14+ years old
- Child Ages 10-13 years old
Hike Montserrat Mountain, visit the Monastery & explore el Penedès wineries on a Premium Small Group Tour!
- Small Group Tour (max. 8 people) ensures a personalized experience
- Lead by a specialized multilingual local guide (English/Spanish/Catalan)
- Visit the Benedictine Abbey and learn about its amazing history
- Hike Montserrat Trails & Enjoy breathtaking views
- Savour some typical Catalan snacks
- Hear the boys choir sing the famous Escolania de Montserrat (from Monday to Friday, except public and school holidays)
- Visit a familly owned organic winery in el Penedès
- Enjoy a wine tasting of a selection of reds, whites and sparkling (3 wines)
Come and discover Montserrat Mountain, visit the monastery and taste some of Barcelona best Cava and Wine in a organic winery!
After 45 minutes drive in a comfortable AC Minivan, you will arrive to Montserrat. You will start the day visiting the Santa Maria de Montserrat Benedictine monastery of where you will discover its amazing history with your specialized guide. “Montserrat” literally means “sawed mountain” in Catalan because of its multi-peaked rocky mountain range. The Benedictine abbey, Santa Maria de Montserrat hosts the famous Black Madonna “La Moreneta”, patron saintness of the Catalans.
Once you have visited the Montserrat Monastery we will go for a short hike around Montserrat where you will enjoy breathtaking views of the monastery, and the mountain.
We will come back o the Monastery where we will some free time to visit the farmers market, relax or hear the famous Escolania de Montserrat boys choir sing (on working days from Monday to Friday, subject to Basilica capacity).
We will continue to el Penedès, one of the oldest wine-making regions in Europe, world-famous for producing wines of exceptional quality, and especially for being the place where Cava (sparkling wine) is produced. El Penedès is the most importnat wine & Cava producing area around Barcelona.
We will get to a family-owned organic winery where we will enjoy a guided visit to the cellar and learn about their history and the elaboration process. We will also taste three wines from their range of white, red and sparkling wines. We will have it with some Catalan snacks.
Book your Premium Small Group Montserrat & Penedes Wine and Cava Tour today!
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Montserrat Monastery guided visit
- Guided hike
- Guided visit to a familly owned organic cellar
- Wine tasting (3 wines from a range of white, red and sparkling)
- Bottled water
- Typical Catalan snacks (bring your own sandwich for lunch)
- Guide gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Hiking / sport shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Waterproof jacket
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Sandwich / snacks