Hike around Collsacabra cliffs, one of the most breathtaking landscapes of Catalonia and visit the medieval town of Rupit on this unique full-day excursion from Barcelona.
- Adult Ages 14+ years old
- Child Ages 10-13 years old
Explore el Penedès wineries and learn about the processes of winemaking and cava production!
- Small Group Tour (max. 8 people) ensures a personalized experience
- Lead by a specialized English-speaking local guide (also Catalan & Spanish)
- Discover the mediterranean landscapes of el Penedès wine & cava region
- Visit 2 familly owned wineres in el Penedès, one specialized in wine and other in cava
- Enjoy 2 wine tasting of a selection of reds, whites and Cava (3 wines on each tasting)
Escape the crowds of the city and take a break to the Catalonian countryside. Discover el Penedès Cava & Wine region, visit 2 familly owned ecological wineries and taste their awarded Cavas & Wines!
After 45 minutes of driving in an AC minivan, we will reach El Penedès wine country. El Penedès is one of the oldest wine-making regions in Europe, world-famous for producing wines of exceptional quality, and especially for being the place where cava (sparkling wine) is produced.
As we drive through a landscape dotted with farmhouses and wineries set among vines, where wine-growing is carried out at over 300 wineries.
We will get to a to a family-run Cava cellar well known for its premium production of Cava. You will visit the cellar and descent to the dungeons where Cava is secretly kept for several years. Learn by the hand of an expert viticultor on wine production and grapes growing. Taste 3 varieties of local Cavas, paired with traditional cheeses and cold meats while enjoying great views of the Catalan countryside.
We will continue to a family-owned organic winery, which are pioneers in organically farmed wines since 1978. Their wine & cava is made in the heart of the Penedès from 100% organic grapes harvested by hand and entirely vinified on the premises of the winery. You will enjoy a guided visit to the cellar and learn about their history and the wine elaboration process. We will also taste three wines from their range of white, red and sparkling wines. We will have it with some Catalan snacks.
- Transport by comfortable private air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- 2 Guided visits to familly owned ecological cellars
- 2 Wine & Cava tastings (3 wines from a range of white, red and sparkling and 3 Cavas)
- Typical Catalan snacks (bring your own sandwich for lunch)
- Guide gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Sandwich / snacks