Hike the trails of Montserrat, the world-famous multi-peaked “sawed mountain,” and visit the Benedictine Monastery while you learn about its amazing history with an expert local guide on this Small group half-day trip…
- Adult Ages 14+ years old
- €115 €69
- Child Ages 10-13 years old
- €89 €59
Hike La Garrotxa and visit the 3 medieval villages including Besalú on a small group tour
- Small Group Tour (max. 8 people) ensures a personalized experience
- Lead by passionate multilingual local guide (English/Spanish/Catalan)
- Hike at La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park
- Visit the medieval town of Besalú
- Visit the medieval hanging town of Castellfollit de la Roca
- Visit the medieval town of Sant Joan les Fonts
- Have a traditional lunch at a local restaurant (own expense)
After about one and a half hour trip in a comfortable minivan we will arrive at La Garrotxa. We will start this medieval villages tour with a soft hike and a visit to Castellfollit de la Roca, one of the most scenic medieval villages in Catalonia dramatically perched atop a cliffside at the meeting point of two rivers.
We will continue to Sant Joan les Fonts where we will visit the romanesque church and medieval bridge from XII century before, we start hiking across some paths following 3 lava flows that have shaped the lanscapes of this region. Here we’ll learn about the rural way of life of La Garrotxa. The area is simply beautiful and will put you in a zen-like mood.
After the hike we will head to Besalú, the best preserved medieval village in Catalonia, where first we will have some free time to have lunch (we can book a local restaurant for you).
Before ending this medieval villages tour and coming back to Barcelona, we’ll have a guided visit to Besalú where we’ll show you the most unique spots of this beautiful medieval town; an authentic trip back in time!
Book your La Garrotxa hiking and Besalú tour online today.
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Guided hike
- Bottled water
- Hiking Poles
- Personal insurance
- Guide gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Hiking/sport shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Waterproof jacket
- Sunglasses & sunscreen