Visit the Benedictine Monastery of Montserrat, learn about its amazing history and Hike the trails of Montserrat Natural Park with an expert local guide on this Small Group Tour from Barcelona.
Carros de Foc
Chariots of Fire
- Person from
Discover Carros de Foc, the most popular trek in the Pyrenees!
Carros de Foc is a circular trekking route that connects the 9 shelters of the Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park. The high mountain itinerary, born and devised by the guards in 1987, has been a success for participants from the first moment and has become the most popular trekking route in the Pyrenees.
There are 61 km of route and 4,660 m of positive elevation gain, which, covering the regions of L’Alta Ribagorça, Pallars Jussà, Pallars Sobirà and Val d’Aran, allowing you to contemplate some of the most beautiful and spectacular landscapes in the Pyrenees as the Sant Maurici lake, with the emblematic Encantats in the background, the Colomèrs cirque, the Besiberris, the Aigües Tortes plain, the Amitges spiers and the Travessani spiers. It runs between 1,866 m of altitude, a little lower (N) of the Ernest Mallafré refuge, and 2,748 m of the Contraix pass.
600€ (VAT included)
Day 1: Espot – Colomers shelter
Meeting in Espot with the guide. Presentation, review of material and travel to Prat de Pierró car park in the National Park
Distance: 18km | Elevation gain/loss: 1250m+/ 756m- | Effective time: 9h
Day 2: Colomers shelter – Ventosa shelter
Distance: 12,7km | Elevation gain/loss: 1.183m +/ 1.106m- | Effective time: 7h
Day 3: Ventosa shelter – Estany Llong shelter
Distance: 8,25km | Elevation gain/loss: 695m+/ 920m- | Effective time: 5h
Day 4: Estany Llong shelter – JM Blanc shelter
Distance: 17,6km | Elevation gain/loss: 1.155m+/ 825m- | Effective time: 8h
Day 5: JM Blanc shelterc – Espot
Distance: 9,0 km | Elevation gain/loss: 56m+/ 592m- | Effective time: 4h
Note: The planned itinerary may vary depending on the weather conditions shelters availability.
- Route planning and preparation
- Certified & experienced mountain guide
- Accident insurance
- Transportation to the starting point of the route. (but can an be arranged)
- Accomodation in the mountain huts (you will need to book it through refusonline.com)
- Expenses caused by abandoning the route for any reason
- The Carros de Foc pass card. If you are interested, indicate at the time of booking (official price 30 euros).
- Footwear: Trekking boots and mountain socks. Crocs-type footwear for resting
- Mountain clothing: waterproof jacket and windstopper, thermal midlayer. Comfortable and breathable clothing. Long pants. Gloves, hat and buff.
- For the rain: poncho and waterproof backpack cover
- For the sun: sunglasses and sunscreen, lip cream and cap
- Sleeping: Sleeping bag
- Telescopic trekking poles