Hike the trails of Montserrat, the world-famous multi-peaked “sawed mountain,” and visit the Benedictine Monastery while you learn about its amazing history with an expert local guide on this Small group half-day trip…
- Person from
The Fifth Lake is a circular walking route in the foothills of the Pyrenees!
This tour is accessible to a wide range of outdoor lovers. Five stages of the walk take you through the Pallars and Alta Ribagorça areas. The scenic beauty of Pla de Corts, Vall Fosca, Vall de Manyanetand Lake Montcortès also await you.
For over 100 kilometres, hikers will conquer the changing terrain nature offers us, while enjoying one of the most unknown and most astounding areas of the Pyrenees: the Pla de Corts plain, the valleys of Vall Fosca and Vall de Manyanet, and discovering Montcortès lake, the Fifth Lake.
Glimpses of the Fifth Lake are caught from various peaks on the trail, as if it were a drop of water, until the final stage when hikers see it in its full glory.
One of the trail’s key values is that most of the itinerary follows bridle paths and mountain trails (62%), some especially retrieved for the occasion and others already marked out by the respective town councils.
- Route planning and preparation
- Certified & experienced mountain guide
- 4 nights accommodation in Full Board in the shelters (accommodation, dinner, breakfast and picnic for the next day)
- Accident insurance
- Transportation to the starting point of the route. (but can an be arranged)
- Extra consumption in shelters (drinks, showers …)
- Expenses caused by abandoning the route for any reason
- Footwear: Trekking boots and mountain socks. Crocs-type footwear for resting
- Mountain clothing: waterproof jacket and windstopper, thermal midlayer. Comfortable and breathable clothing. Long pants. Gloves, hat and buff.
- For the rain: poncho and waterproof backpack cover
- For the sun: sunglasses and sunscreen, lip cream and cap
- Sleeping: Sleeping bag
- Telescopic trekking poles