Hike the trails of Montserrat, the world-famous multi-peaked “sawed mountain,” and visit the Benedictine Monastery while you learn about its amazing history with an expert local guide on this Small group half-day trip from Barcelona.
- Person from
A five-day sportive hike in the heart of the Pyrenees!
“Pass’Aran” is a wonderful uninterrupted tour which allows you to walk freely to and from the “Val d’Aran” and “Ariège”.
The route goes through spectacular unspoiled landscapes and crosses several passes over 2400m high. For those with a real taste of adventure, you can climb the high peaks such as the “Crabère”, the “Mont Valier”, the “Barlonguère” or the “Maubermé”.
The tour is in a sense a journey into the past. The peasants removed rocks and stones from the fields and built low walls and barns which have become synonymous of the area. The paths etched into the mountainside are witness to the miners’ struggle to earn a living in the mines high in the mountains. Sherperds and herdsmen still spend their summers in the mountain pastures. In the past the smugglers and guides created this tour “Pass’Aran” in order to survive. The “Val d’Aran” and the “Castillonnais” are only crossed by paths, there are no roads or tracks. That is why Pass’Aran is certainly the most beautiful cross-border tour of the Pyrenean mountain range.
- Route planning and preparation
- Certified & experienced mountain guide
- 4 nights accommodation in Full Board in the shelters (accommodation, dinner, breakfast and picnic for the next day)
- Accident insurance
- Transportation to the starting point of the route. (but can an be arranged)
- Extra consumption in shelters (drinks, showers …)
- Expenses caused by abandoning the route for any reason
- Footwear: Trekking boots and mountain socks. Crocs-type footwear for resting
- Mountain clothing: waterproof jacket and windstopper, thermal midlayer. Comfortable and breathable clothing. Long pants. Gloves, hat and buff.
- For the rain: poncho and waterproof backpack cover
- For the sun: sunglasses and sunscreen, lip cream and cap
- Sleeping: Sleeping bag
- Telescopic trekking poles