Visit the Benedictine Monastery of Montserrat, learn about its amazing history and hike the trails of Montserrat Natural Park with an expert local guide on this Small Group Tour from Barcelona.
Estels del Sud
Stars of the South
- Person from
Explore Massís dels Ports during this five-day trip!
Estels del Sud is a route that offers the possibility to explore Massís dels Ports. You will rest every night in one of their establishments and by day following their star, you will enjoy one of the wildest and most unknown natural environments in this country.
Estels Sud is a journey of five days in the mountains of Els Ports. Ports is a prehistoric rocks limestone border between Tarragona (counties of Montsi?, Baix Ebre and Terra Alta), Teruel (county of Matarranya) and Castelló (Baix Maestrat).
The path gives character to move to different cruise itineraries that currently are used by hikers in isolation and linear. Thus Ports massif knowing this place as a whole, with all its scenic, natural and cultural variety, which is very rich and varied is scrolled.
The trip consists of five stages, may begin or end at any of the five properties that work as start-final stage. It can also be done in both directions of travel either.
The stages are quite long, about 20 km per stage and with slopes of 1.000 m. per stage.
- Route planning and preparation
- Certified & experienced mountain guide
- Accident insurance
- Transportation to the starting point of the route. (but can an be arranged)
- Accomodation in the mountain huts (you will need to book it through refusonline.com)
- Expenses caused by abandoning the route for any reason
- Footwear: Trekking boots and mountain socks. Crocs-type footwear for resting
- Mountain clothing: waterproof jacket and windstopper, thermal midlayer. Comfortable and breathable clothing. Long pants. Gloves, hat and buff.
- For the rain: poncho and waterproof backpack cover
- For the sun: sunglasses and sunscreen, lip cream and cap
- Sleeping: Sleeping bag
- Telescopic trekking poles