Hike the trails of Montserrat, the world-famous multi-peaked “sawed mountain,” and visit the Benedictine Monastery while you learn about its amazing history with an expert local guide on this Small group half-day trip…
- Person from
Explore the highest peak in Catalonia, the Pica d’Estats (3,146m)!
The route also passes through the largest glacial lake in Catalonia, the Certascan lake. These summits and the numerous ponds that gave the name to the circuit. The sky, the clouds, its reflection on the ponds and the snow that are present in some sections until the month of August, create the feeling of starting the path to the Doorway to heaven.
This route is also special because it crosses the French border, without barriers or customs, because the mountain does not know those imaginary lines that have invented men.
Much of the route is located in the Natural Park of the Alt Pirineu. Created in 2003 it is the largest park in Catalonia. It is a space of high natural value and has been continuously exploited, which has generated important cultural values derived from human activity.
The circuit connects 4 refuges, the one of Certascan, the one of Pinet, the one of the Vallferrera and the one of the camping country house Bordes de Graus. Pass through the town of Tavascan and take a tour of the new Alt Pirineu Natural Park. The accumulated difference is 5.550 meters in a distance of 65 km.
- 4 PAX: 500 €/person (VAT included)
- 5 PAX: 475 €/person (VAT included)
- 6 PAX: 450 €/person (VAT included)
- 7 PAX: 425 €/person (VAT included)
- 8 PAX: 400 €/person (VAT included)
Day 1: Tavascan – Certascan shelter
Meeting with the guide in Tavascan. Presentation, review of material and route start.
Distance: 15,6km | Elevation gain/loss: 1760m+/ 639m- | Effective time: 7h
Day 2: Certascan shelter – Pinet shelter
Distance: 12,6km | Elevation gain/loss: 1.258m +/ 1.249m- | Effective time: 7h
Day 3: Pinet shelter – Vallferrera shelter
Distance: 11,61km | Elevation gain/loss: 1.263m+/ 1.372m- | Effective time: 7h
Day 4: Vallferrera shelter – Tavascan
Distance: 17,7km | Elevation gain/loss: 1.174m+/ 1.967m- | Effective time: 8h
Note: The planned itinerary may vary depending on the weather conditions and shelters availability.
- Route planning and preparation
- Certified & experienced mountain guide
- 3 nights accommodation in Full Board in the shelters (accommodation, dinner, breakfast and picnic for the next day)
- Accident insurance
- Transportation to the starting point of the route. (but can an be arranged)
- Extra consumption in shelters (drinks, showers …)
- Expenses caused by abandoning the route for any reason
- La Porta del Cel pass card. If you are interested, indicate at the time of booking (official price 30 euros).
- Footwear: Trekking boots and mountain socks. Crocs-type footwear for resting
- Mountain clothing: waterproof jacket and windstopper, thermal midlayer. Comfortable and breathable clothing. Long pants. Gloves, hat and buff.
- For the rain: poncho and waterproof backpack cover
- For the sun: sunglasses and sunscreen, lip cream and cap
- Sleeping: Sleeping bag
- Telescopic trekking poles
- Crampons (might be necessary depending on the season)